Tired of restrictive diets? How hypnotherapy can heal your gut!Sep 22, 2022
If you've tried a low-FODMAP diet and found that it hasn’t worked for you, you're not alone. Many people who suffer from IBS and other gastrointestinal issues have found that restrictive diets like the low-FODMAP don't provide the long-term relief they're looking for.
WHAT IS A LOW-FODMAP DIET?
A low-FODMAP diet is an elimination diet where you cut out certain foods that are high in carbohydrates called FODMAPs, and slowly reintroduce them over time to find out which ones you’re sensitive to that are causing symptoms. FODMAPs are found in many common foods, such as wheat, dairy, and certain fruits and vegetables.
While a low-FODMAP diet can be effective in identifying trigger foods, it’s not designed to be used long-term if you aren’t reintroducing foods back into your diet. It is very restrictive, and can be hard to follow. If you’re on a highly restrictive diet long term, you will be missing out on important nutrients for your overall health.
WHY IS HYPNOTHERAPY A MORE EFFECTIVE SOLUTION FOR RESTORING YOUR MIND-GUT HEALTH?
Hypnotherapy is a highly effective mind-body therapy that can help you heal IBS symptoms, and other gastrointestinal issues. In this blog post we explain the science behind why hypnotherapy is a more effective solution than the low-FODMAP diet.
There are two main reasons why hypnotherapy is more effective than a low-FODMAP diet:
- Hypnotherapy addresses the root cause of your gut issues, the miscommunication between your brain and gut.
- Hypnotherapy is a holistic approach that helps heal your gut and brain-gut axis without restrictive diets.
- Hypnotherapy has been shown to be more effective at reducing stress and anxiety, as well as improving overall feeling of wellbeing and quality of life.
If you're looking for an evidence-based treatment for your gut issues, hypnotherapy is a powerful solution.
THE RESEARCH REVEALS THAT HYPNOTHERAPY IMPROVES SYMPTOMS OF IBS
- Hypnotherapy is a highly effective treatment for IBS and other gastrointestinal issues. In one study, 83% of patients who received hypnotherapy reported an improvement in their symptoms. (1)
- Hypnotherapy is more effective than the low-FODMAP diet in the long run. In a study comparing the two treatments, patients who received hypnotherapy had significantly better gut health after one year than those who followed a low-FODMAP diet. (2)
If you're ready to try a more effective solution to healing your gut, contact us today for a complimentary consultation with a certified clinical hypnotherapist.
(1) Gut 1995; 36: 805-811
(2) Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology 2016; 50: S21-S27