Frequently Asked Questions



What is gut-directed hypnotherapy?

Gut-directed hypnotherapy is a form of hypnosis that targets the brain-gut communication to help significantly reduce symptoms of people suffering with gastrointestinal conditions including IBS. This evidence based method helps regulate your nervous system, reduce stress responses in the body, and helps calm overactive nerves in the gut with the intention of restoring it’s natural balance again.
During a session, you will be guided into a deeply relaxed and focused state of awareness, calming the body and mind. Once in this state, guided imagery, direct suggestion, and progressive relaxation will be used to help soothe the gastrointestinal tract and restore a healthy brain-gut connection.


What are the benefits of gut-directed hypnotherapy?

Some of the main benefits include:
  • Helps improve symptoms like bloating, abdominal pain, cramping, constipation, and diarrhea.
  • Reduces hypersensitivity in the gut
  • Decreases stress & anxiety
  • Helps reduce symptoms without restrictive diets or medication
  • Restores the brain-gut connection
  • Calms the nervous system and vagus nerve
  • Helps with pain management
  • Helps improve quality of sleep
  • Reduces food and health anxiety
  • It's 100% natural
  • Enhances overall quality of life
  • No negative side effects
  • Has almost 40 years of research showing a significant reduction in symptoms in over 70% of patients


What does hypnotherapy feel like?

Most people describe it as a pleasant, relaxing feeling similar to daydreaming or “zoning out”. Some describe it like a state of “inner absorption”. The nicest way I’ve heard it described is like a mind spa.


What should I expect during my sessions?

Each session will last 60 minutes and consist of a short check-in, gut-directed hypnotherapy, and may include different wellness strategies and tools. All sessions will be held online through Zoom, from the comfort of your own home.


Do I need to prepare anything?

I recommend that you wear comfortable clothing that won’t disturb you during the session, and avoid eating a heavy meal beforehand or drinking a lot of caffeine.


How long do the results of gut-directed hypnotherapy last?

There’s a study which followed patients treated with gut-directed hypnotherapy up to six years following their treatment, and they found that out of 71% of patients who had initially responded to hypnotherapy, 81% maintained their improvement over time while the majority of the remaining 19% claimed that the deterioration of their symptoms had only been slight.


What’s included in the program?

You will be receiving a variety of gut-directed hypnotherapy recordings, affirmations to upgrade your mindset for optimal healing and inner peace, anti-anxiety breathwork, as well as a powerful tool for emotional processing. There are a variety of wellness strategies and tools included to support you on your holistic healing journey and return to wellness. Many of my clients struggle with stress, anxiety, and a chronically activated nervous system. My intention is to provide you with the best tools to support you long-term in achieving deeper levels of peace and comfort in your body and mind.


How can I get the most out of this program?

If you’re fully committed to getting the most out of this treatment, I recommend listening to one of the audios you’ll receive daily, either in the morning or at night before bed.


Is hypnotherapy covered by medical insurance?

I recommend contacting your insurance provider, and note that I am not a licensed psychologist. Some providers advise that although hypnotherapy services are not listed under regular health benefits, they could be covered under a plan’s Health Spending Account.


Can anyone be hypnotized?

To better understand hypnosis, it’s a state of trance, or focused state. Everyone experiences hypnotic states throughout the day, like when we are totally immersed in a book, driving, or watching TV. Whenever you are completely absorbed in something without noticing the passing of time, you are in a state of trance.
If you can daydream, you can be hypnotized and experience the benefits of hypnosis.


How long will it take for me to see results?

While many people experience improvements within 1-2 sessions, for some it's not clearly felt until later in the course of this treatment. You will experience quicker and greater results if you listen to the guided hypnotherapy recordings and affirmation tracks consistently.